I am stressed and need to vent.
Well, our dossier has been registered with the SDA and as of right now we have a submission date of September 21. Obviously this is not what we were hoping for. Apparently our little girl's diagnosis is not on the list of conditions that is guaranteed a quick submission. This is bad for many reasons. One is that we will have to redo most of our paperwork. Another is that there are talks that Ukraine is going to put a moratorium on international adoptions some time in the near future and fall has been thrown around as the time they will do this. They have done this in the past and this can last anywhere from a few weeks, to a few months to indefinitely. But, the worst thing of all is that this means that our little girl with have to sit in an orphanage for that much longer. My heart breaks for her and I long to hold her in my arms. Morgan wants her sister to come home now and so do I.
We do have a glimmer of hope though. Even though her diagnosis is not on the official list, there is a possibility that the SDA will still let us submit our dossier sooner than September. Our facilitator took our child specific petition to them on Monday and we are now waiting to hear back if they will accept our dossier sooner. We haven't heard anything yet and they have holidays coming up there next week, so I'm not sure how much longer we will have to wait to hear what they decided.
The waiting is killing me. Please pray for our little girl and that this all works out. I feel so strongly that this is what we are supposed to do, but it is very hard when all of these road blocks stand in our way. Whatever happens though we will see this through.