Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to the doctor

I made Victoria's next appt. for January 18. We will discuss our options about medication with the doctor at this visit.

I am so torn about what to do. Victoria is so healthy right now. Her CD4 counts are great and her viral load is very low. If we were following the adult treatment recommendations, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be starting treatment for a while. That is an option. The problem is that I have read that long term exposure to HIV left untreated can cause neurological damage. I have also read that the earlier treatment is started the less likely the chances the person will develop AIDS. I obviously want to give my little girl every chance to be as healthy as possible, but I am scared about what starting new meds will mean for her. She had such a rough time last time and I don't want to see her go through that again.

We are going to wait to talk to the doctors before we make a decision. It has just been on my mind a lot lately and now that the appt. is scheduled I know a decision will have to be made soon. I'm praying for clarity and direction and that we will make the decision that is best for Victoria.


  1. Jaimie,

    I am so happy that Victoria is doing so well. I will pray for wisdom in your decision making! That would be so hard! You are a good mama....

    Love, Paula

  2. All the best making the right decision for V. So hard! I hope the path will become clear soon.

  3. A difficult decision to make. You can only do what you feel is best at this time and nothing is written in stone when it comes to medicine. You are so proactive, I know that you will make the best choice for your daughter. My prayers are with you and your family!
    Kathy B.

  4. Your girls are stunning! I pray for lifelong health for them!
    Friend from RR