Thursday, January 28, 2010

Isn't she just the sweetest!!!

As many adoptive parents that adopt children that aren't infants know, any baby or younger pictures of your child are a rare treasure. We did not meet Victoria until 10 days after she turned four. However, we are blessed with a few photos of her when she was younger.


The first one is the photo that was in her file at the SDA. This is the photo we were shown at our appt. We knew it was probably about 3 years old, but just looking at this picture melted out hearts. I think she is probably just over a year here. The SDA allowed us to take this picture from her file since we replaced it with a recent one.


The quality is bad because it is scanned from a picture that was printed on regular paper, but you can still see how cute she is.
This next picture was taken on 10/16/07, when Victoria was 2 years 2 1/2 months old. I found it when I googled the name of her orphanage. It is a picture of Victoria with Miss Universe, who was visiting the orphanage as part of an HIV/AIDS awareness campaign in Ukraine. There are a few other really cute pictures of Victoria from this same day that have a copyright watermark on them. I emailed the person whose website I found them on the other day to see if they would email me the images without the copyright. Hopefully I'll hear back from them. I am going to take these pictures somewhere and see if I can have something done with them so I can frame them and hang them up.
On more current news - it's only been one day, but so far so good! Victoria is her normal, happy, energetic self today. Hopefully it will continue this way.

7 comments:

  1. planning to adopt two kids with hiv. any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have fallen in love with that photo too! She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have pictures of Victoria when she was younger. She will enjoy them when she gets older. A great keepsake. Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG is she just precious!!!! She looks EXACTLY the same too!! What a great treasure to find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious gift! Although Isabel was still quite young when we adopted her (27 months), we were still thrilled to receive a picture of her when she was about 7 months old1

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's precious! God's blessings are just the best!

    ReplyDelete