Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The paper chase begins

We picked up the court decree this afternoon and were also able to get Victoria's new birth certificate (with her new name). Tomorrow we will take the birth certificate for legalization and then go to apply for her name to be changed for her tax ID number. From what I understand this is similar to a SS# in the US. In order to get a passport issued with her new name the name associated with the tax ID number needs to be changed from her old name to her new name.

Please pray that things with this paperwork go smoothly. You have to complete one step before you can proceed to the next, so if we have delays with one thing it will affect the rest of the process. So far things are going well, but my facilitator says it could take up to 3 business days to get the tax ID number changed and then another 3 business days to get the passport. If this is the case it would mean we would get the tax ID # on Monday then passport on Thursday. This means I would not be able to start the US Embassy process until the end of next week and most likely would not be home until the end of the following week. I am praying that we might be able to get these things taken care of more quickly so that I can get home sooner.

I will keep you posted with our progress and more news of when we will be picking up Victoria from the orphanage.

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you!!!!!! I wanted to call you today and might still at some point:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for everything to go smoothly and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Jaime! I will be praying that things will go much more quickly than anticipated. We were pleasantly surprised....hope you will be too! Can't believe we have been home two weeks now. I have been following you with great interest and prayers! So glad we were able to meet, and like you said, maybe both our families will be able to meet one day in the US. Blessings to you....Paula

    ReplyDelete